These are strange times. We are all cooped up at home, dreaming of the day we can once again go out freely, travel locally, travel internationally...or at least that's what I'm dreaming about! There's nothing I love more than traveling, so I had to find my own ways of "traveling". So how can you "travel" while under self quarantine? Here are 5 ways how, from the less obvious to the most obvious ;0)
1) Hypnotherapy! You can Journey to another place, another time, another dimension, without leaving your house. In an on-line Hypnotherapy session you can visit your past lives, go back to a previous time in this life, or Journey to a "vacation" dimension- a beach, a mountain top, a floating cloud...you name it! If you can't sign up for Hypnotherapy right now you can try some guided meditations- either downloading them, taking turns guiding them, or recording yourself so that you can later follow your own guidance ;0)
2) Lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is a form of dreaming while being aware that you are dreaming, and having the control of where you go and what you do in the dream. There is a lot of information out there about ways in which you can train yourself to Lucid dream. It is a wonderful way to explore and heal the subconscious. And it is a lot of fun!
3) Expanding your awareness of your "Dreaming life". Every night our souls soar and we are transported to other dimensions. We often visit incredible places, both physical locations on this very planet, and other locations, in other physical and non-physical dimensions. Many of our dream experiences are "wasted" since we don't truly savor them or even remember them and assimilate them. I still remember a magical dream I had months ago, in which I visited beautiful Islands in the Pacific Ocean. The views were so vivid, the sensations of being on the boat were so real, and I can still taste the wonderful taste of the exotic fruit I was eating. I woke up feeling like I TRULY came back from a vacation in the Pacific Islands. I felt like my awareness was expanded from the experience, I felt elated, I felt rejuvenated. I told my husband and some friends about my travel with the same enthusiasm as when I share my experiences of physical travels. Having an active dream-life is extremely fulfilling and enjoyable! There are many ways to cultivate a more active dream-life. Not having too much stimulus before going to bed helps (no screens, heavy meals, alcohol, etc.). Setting an intention of having wonderful dreams and remembering them. Waking up gently, without jolting the mind with thoughts right away, and thinking about the dreams, and writing them in details in a dream journal.
4) International Cuisines! Food is a huge aspect of culture, and eating foods from different cuisines offers a peek into that corner of the world. I love ethnic restaurants, as they usually offer the full cultural experience- the food, the decor, the people (and language), the music, the smells. Since we can't go out and eat at our favorite restaurants at the moment, I have been enjoying cooking foods from different cuisines, learning new recipes, and experiencing a little traveling through my pallet. Many recipes require ingredients you probably already have, and whatever "exotic" ingredients you might need could probably be found at your next grocery run (or in "normal" times, on-line). I live in New Jersey so I have no problem finding ingredients from all over the world. Another reason why I love New Jersey!
5) Books and movies! Reading a book is like going on a Journey of the imagination. Books are a great passion of mine, and now that I'm not traveling, I find myself gravitating towards books that take place in foreign countries. I can be laying down in my recliner, but in my mind I am in China. Yes, China is a strange choice at the moment, considering it was the source of this Pandemic, but I am finally getting around to reading "The Joy Luck Club" which has been in my library for years, and I'm enjoying it greatly ;0) Movies are also portals to another world, and with today's technology you can watch amazing quality movies on large screens, feeling like you are physically inside the movie. Also, with all the travel shows available, you can travel vicariously by watching these shows and planning with excitement your next destination. I have quite a long travel bucket-list myself.
Now of course you can combine some of these modes of "travel". You can incorporate all of your senses in the Journey, for example, by having a "Mexican Fiesta night". You can decorate your living room with Mexican-themed decorations, make enchiladas, guacamole, etc. while listening to Mexican music, then watch a Mexican film on a large screen with surround sound (in Spanish with subtitles- no cheating!), all while pretending you are in your Airbnb in Oaxaca. Or of course, something less complicated works too ;0) Imagination is important! Just like children like playing "make believe", you can also use this time to expand your imagination. We are all pure Consciousness creating this physical reality, so we are already imagining our desires into being! Let's take it a step forward by playfully focusing away from "harsh reality" and towards reality as we want it to be, so that we can experience more Joy irregardless of our circumstances.
Stay safe, and many blessings and good vibes from me to you,
Transformational Leader, Hypnotherapist,