Abraham-Hicks says it is as easy to manifest a castle, as it is a button. It might not appear that way since the secret to manifesting is having no resistance, and we usually tend to have a lot of resistance when it comes to what we see as our “big dreams”. Very often our thoughts and resulting feelings regarding what we want are accompanied by contradicting thoughts and feelings. Henry Ford had said that "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't- you are right". He was someone who understood the Law of Attraction. This resistance to fulfilling our desires is equated by Abraham-Hicks to hooking up engines on opposite sides of a train, therefore canceling out any forward movement. A thought such as “I want a lot of money so that I can buy a big house, travel extensively, and not worry about being able to pay my bills” is usually followed by “I don’t deserve abundance, life is a struggle, I can only achieve a goal over time with hard work and sacrifice” etc. We weren't taught to believe that our dreams can easily manifest and that the world is abundant. We have the misconception that there is a shortage in resources and that our “piece of the pie” will come at the expense of the finite pie remaining for our fellow humans. There is so much more to the subject of manifestation than I could possibly write about in one blog post. I will come back to this topic in the future and I also suggest attending one of my Manifestation workshops and listening to YouTube videos by Abraham-Hicks on the topic.
Now coming back to Vision boards, though they are simple to create, the creation of effective ones requires thought and strategy. Here’s a little step-by-step guide to creating your Vision Board:
1) Make a list of what you want to manifest in the coming year and that you haven’t manifested as of yet. Leave for subsequent years whatever is not part of your immediate plans. For example, if you have the goal of going on a coast-to-coast two-month-long road- trip this year, I would leave the European two-month-long road- trip for next year.
2) Have faith that all is possible and that you are worthy of great joy and abundance, while you list the major desires you wish to manifest this year. You don’t have to settle on a small house, simple car, local trip, etc. Allow yourself to include in your list your dream house, your dream car, your dream travel destination, etc.
3) Once you listed your major desires, add your “smaller” wishes, such as a spa visit, going to a show, and purchasing something small which you had your eyes on. Throughout the year you will gain more confidence in your abilities to manifest as you witness the manifestation of smaller desires, and then bigger ones.
4) Add to your list things you have manifested and want more of, such as a spending time with family and going out with friends. Don’t forget to appreciate and include things you might take for granted, such as your health (you will match this with an image of healthy foods and/or exercise), nature (an image of animals/hiking trails/ your own backyard, and rest and relaxation (an image of your bath-tub surrounded by candles and petals/ your pool/ the sea). Another key to manifesting your desires is a sense of gratitude. The feeling of gratitude attracts into your experience more manifestations to be grateful for. Gratitude has a very different vibration than a feeling of longing for what we don’t have, or frustration over needs unfulfilled, or all other unsatisfying emotions. The Law of Attraction according to Abraham-Hicks states that whatever you focus on expands, the good along with the bad. So focus on the good in order to create more of it, and feel gratitude and joy over your desires that are yet to manifest, in order to attract those manifestations into your experience.
5) Once you have listed everything you want to put on your board, find the images that most closely resemble your desired outcomes. It is of course possible to use images from magazines, drawings, etc., but my personal preferred sources for images are images found on-line combined with prints of my own photographs. The amplitude of on-line images allows you to be extremely specific in your choice of images, and using your own images allows you to manifest more of what already exists in your own life. If using on-line images that have people representing you and your loved ones, try to find people who resemble you and them. For example, if you are a dark-haired woman and you want an image of yourself on a beautiful beach, pick one of a dark-haired woman from afar, from the back, etc. Be as specific as you can be, and witness how over the years you attract into your experience the exact manifestation you were focusing on. If you want something more abstract, such as a loving relationship, it is fine to use a less detailed image, such as an image of a couple in the distance holding hands and watching a sunset. Re-evaluate and add forgotten items during the days preceding the date you set as a goal, though you can always make a change during the year if something major shifts in your life.
6) Glue your images to a large board, writing the year on the top of the board, and leaving some space under it for adding images as the year goes by. Once you have created your Vision Board, hang it in a prominent yet private location, such as your bedroom. Make sure to look at its images frequently, feeling gratitude for the manifested desires, and joyful anticipation for the about-to-be-manifested desires. If you feel incredulous when looking at a specific image, or fear attached to the manifestation, explore those sentiments and if necessary remove those images from your board for the time being. When you look at the image, truly visualize yourself as having the experience or owning the desired belonging. Visualize the process of obtaining that goal as well as the outcome, simply daydream a scenario where you are able to purchase the car, get the raise, go on the trip, etc. With details! Many times such scenarios have happened to me in the exact way I imagined them happening. Other times the process was a surprise, but the desired outcome was expected. When the year is over, don't just "update" the board into a new one, but store it away and create a brand-new one. You can re-visit your old boards as time goes by and feel delighted as to all that you have manifested!
I have witnessed the effectiveness of Vision Boards first- hand, as I look back at my older boards and see the exact photo of my dream car which is now parked in my garage, a cartoon of a little smiley baby, similar but not as cute as the smiley baby now napping besides me, images of many local destinations which I have visited since choosing them for my boards, and many more similar examples. So go ahead and get ready for Manifestation Galore! And if you are determined to manifest your best life, and soon, contact me regarding my Signature "Your Dream Life Through Hypnosis" Program!
Blessings and good vibes from me to you,
Transformational Leader, Hypnotherapist,