1) I was born in Israel and spent my childhood between Israel and the USA. I love living in the USA (though I'm anxiously awaiting the end of the Trump era) so I immigrated here when I was 21.
2) I LOVE Ramen. Funny enough, so does my 2.5 year old boy. We go to Japanese restaurants and we both lose it. I dreamed for years about going to Japan and eating Ramen, and when I did I realized it was equally good to the Ramen in New Jersey.
3) Speaking of New Jersey, I LOVE New Jersey. Go ahead, judge me ;0) I think it's one of the most beautiful and diverse states, filled with lovely towns, beautiful country side, parks, amazing food, and great NYC views (and access).
4) My favorite color is Turquoise.
5) When I was a child (and a young adult) I wanted to be a Veterinarian. I still ADORE animals and am OBSESSED with dogs, especially the very large ones. My superpower is to decipher dog breeds, even if it's a mix of 2-3 unusual breeds.
6) Travel is one of my greatest passions. I have travelled to 39 countries (multiple visits to many of those), lived in 4 countries, and in 5 USA States (my favorite one being New Jersey ;0). I plan to travel A LOT more in the future!
7) The picture in this post is from my 40th birthday. After we had to cancel our travel plans because the little one had the runs, I spent the day at the Spa while my wonderful husband changed diapers every two hours.
8) Halloween is my favorite holiday, though I am a big fan of Christmas.
9) I'm an ATV enthusiast.
10) I"m married to the former Motocross National champion of Ecuador, and he and our son are obsessed with anything with wheels.
11) My dad was the owner of our's city nationally successful soccer team, and when I was 15 my family and I joined them on their summer training in Romania. I love soccer.
12) I danced Classical Ballet for many years growing up, and I still love watching Ballet.
13) My favorite singer/ song-writer is Alejandro Sanz. If you don't know him, please look him up! He is AMAZING.
14) I cooked professionally for a while (for up to 60 people!) in a Spiritual Retreat. It was lots of fun mixed with some stress! I was told (and am still told) that I'm a very good cook, but my mom is the reigning queen of the kitchen! She's the best.
15) My Sun is in Libra (conjunct Venus and Mercury), My moon is in Scorpio (conjunct Uranus), and My Ascendent is in Gemini. For those of you who know Astrology, this says A LOT about me!
16) I played the Electrical Organ for years growing up, but I don't have much musical talent. Luckily, my son inherited his father's incredible musical ear, and from a young age he could carry a tune, make up lyrics for known songs, and invent new songs.
17) My favorite season is Fall, with Summer being a close second.
18) I"m an avid reader, and in addition to reading books suited for my age, I've been having way too much fun lately reading children's books to my son.
19) I"m one half Moroccan with Spanish roots, one quarter Polish, and one quarter Russian with Siberian Shaman ancestors.
20) My favorite fruit is Durian, aka "stinky fruit". I got hooked on it in Thailand and I now buy it frozen at the Korean Supermarket, to my husband's dismay. I can't wait to go to Ecuador and eat exotic fruit I"ve never heard of before.
21) When I was 10 I sat on a venomous scorpion. I was on a school night-time field trip in the dunes, and we all sat in a circle when I felt something moving underneath me. When I get up there was a panic among the kids (and adults), but luckily I wasn't stung in the butt.
22) Coffee is my beverage of choice. I limit myself to 2 cups a day, and to mostly half-caffs. In my book Coffee is the beverage of the Gods. I research different coffees to find the best on, so if you have an amazing recommendation, please share. So far I am not able to recreate the wonderful drip-coffee with condensed milk I had in Vietnam, but I dream about it at night sometimes.
23) I enjoy greatly foreign movies. To me they are portals to other parts of the world and other ways of life, and for that they fascinate me.
24) I'm great at Math and I love it with a passion. When I had more free time I used to actually fill-out Calculus work-books like other people fill out cross-word books (or used to, before the era of smartphones and tablets.) When I was in school I used to solve Math problems I got stuck on while sleeping, then wake up and write everything down and relish on how my subconscious had the answers. It was an early sign of what was to come!
25) If I were an animal, I would probably be an eagle.
26) I have well over a hundred cousins, if you include second and third cousins. Wait, maybe you and I are related?
27) If I had to pick between living surrounded by forests, lakes, and mountains, or the sea, I would choose the former. In fact, I DID make that choice, and I only regret it briefly on some January days.
28) One of my favorite flowers is Peony. The book "The Language of flowers" spoiled that for me a little, but it was an amazing book non-the-less.
29) I am a level 2 scuba-diver and have dived in a boat-wreck and at night, as part of my certification process. Thrilling experiences!
30) I have a collection of G-Shock watches. Well, a shared collection with my husband, as they are Unisex. Love them.
31) I don't like Broadway shows. At all. I went to a few, including "Wicked" which was highly acclaimed, but I don't like the singing in the middle of the performance. It literally annoys me and I can't help but roll my eyes.
32) My alcoholic beverage of choice is an extra-dirty vodka martini. But since I'm a light-weight I only take a few sips of it and switch over to a light beer. I also like white wine and occasionally have half a glass for dinner and pretend it's good for my heart (it's all in the mind, anyway ;0)
33) My home-town in Israel is right on the Mediterranean Sea and is surrounded by dunes. In fact, my mom's home-office has an incredible front-line view of the dunes. I promise to do some LIVE broadcasts from there next time I go for a visit.
34) I make my own essential oil combinations and bath and body products. As a Biotechnology major who took many Chem classes, I thought for a minute to work for the perfume industry, since I love both chemistry and perfumes. I'm glad I didn't, but I still enjoy creating my own perfumes and buying fancy home-made bath and body products.
35) I"m a Roller-Coaster and Water-Slide fanatic.
36) My nick-name is Sharonika (Sha-ro-ni-ka), with a Russian affection suffix. Really only my mom's side of the family (the Russian side, obviously) calls me that, but I always liked it. Everyone in the US mispronounces my name to sound like the American name Sharon (She-rin), as opposed to the Israeli one (Sha-ron).
37) As a foodie, I recently decided I needed to step out of my comfort zone more. So a few weeks ago I tried the Ecuadorian National dish, Cuy, a relative of the Guinea Pig. It is an ancient food that goes back to the Inkas, and my husband's family (and probably most Ecuadorians) are obsessed with it. When relatives come from Ecuador they bring these cooked Guinea Pigs with them to share with loved ones. Tastes like chicken, but a little saltier with a note of herbs (they are only fed pure grass).
38) I love Ice cream flavors that are interesting, like Cappuccino with white chocolate fudge chunks or Strawberry Cheesecake. I'm definitely not a Vanilla person.
39) Confession- I loved the Gilmore Girls, and still watch that show on Netflix on occasions when I need a pick-me-up.
40) I am very inventive and am currently working on taking an invention of mine to market. Wish me luck! Though either way I have more inventions up my sleeve, and am an idea person in general.
That's 40 fun facts! Now you know me better! Feel free to share a fun fact (or more) about yourself!
Blessings and good vibes from me to you,
Transformational Leader, Hypnotherapist,