Inner peace. Many of my clients list inner peace as one of their top priorities. After years of experiencing inner turmoil, there's almost nothing as alluring as the promise of inner peace. Sure, some people thrive on excitement, on "drama", on emotional intensity. It is a very individual matter, but today I chose to talk about that feeling of blissful acceptance of what is, of calm satisfaction, and of openness and surrender.
We have all witnessed lately the lack of peace in some societies. Living in the US, the turmoil in this society is apparent. The collective energy of anger, resentment, and hatred, is the result of a combination of the energies of the individuals. Gandhi said "Be the change you want to see in others". To me, that means the each individual must take charge of their own vibration, and once they are in alignment, they can influence others to align. There are many great examples of members of the society becoming their best selves, and embodying that which they want to see in their societies. Peace is an inside job, and until we don't work on healing our own wounds, we will keep contributing to the ills of society.
Many people struggle with finding the line between acting against injustice, and embodying peace. I am not advocating burying your head in the sand, and I believe that speaking up and demonstrating definitely serve a great purpose. I also believe in being solution- oriented, and always looking for a way to improve the situation, not just complain about it. Albert Einstein said "Problems can not be solved with the same mindset that created them". When you are focusing on a problem your emotions often get involved. You get upset, and often begin running stories in your head. It is very hard to reach an inspired solution when you are consumed by negative emotions. This applies to personal relationships, as well as to problems within countries, or between countries.
By remembering that this is a Universe of attraction, not assertion, you remind yourself that nobody can assert on you that which is not a match to your own vibration. So if you feel angry, the Universe will give you more reasons to be angry. If you believe everything always works out for you, the Universe will keep showing you how you are safe and cared for, and how things work out for the best. It can be hard to put in practice, but once you find your own peace, you will become a positive influence on those around you, simply by exemplifying to them what alignment looks like.
When I read to my 3 year old a kid's book about peace, I choose to share with him all the beliefs which will be beneficial for him to adopt. I find that with children it is important to talk about what is wanted (like peace), and not emphasize what is not wanted (like war). I know parents of older children teach their kids about inequality between races, genders, physical abilities, etc. The intention is correct, teaching them that inequality is wrong, but I find it more helpful to not even plant those concepts in young minds to begin with. Morgan Freedman said that in order to stop Racism "I'm going to stop calling you a white man and I"m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man". I couldn't agree more. While there are many changes that need to occur on the level of the government, there is no reason for the public collective to divide people into groups based on race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. The more we emphasize our differences instead of our commonalities, the more of a split we create in society.
As someone who grew up in Israel and heard throughout her childhood how the Jews were always hated and persecuted, I can attest that teaching young children their people's history in such a way is not conducive to creating a change in the society. The focus on all that went wrong in the past, results in a feeling of defensiveness and fear that all will go wrong again in the future. They say that by remembering history we make sure it will not repeat itself. Not true! History repeats itself when we have not transcended the vibration that caused the past events. People were taught about the danger of fascism, yet here it is happening in the United States, and close to half of the population is accepting it. Why? Lack of inner peace, among many other reasons.
When you are filled with negative beliefs and emotions, it is easier to support someone who justifies and mirrors those ideas and emotions, than to try and deal with them. The ego likes reinforcements, and always wants to be right. There is a strong underlying current of prejudice and selfishness in this society, which is reflected in the political climate. In a society that promotes individual interest and that lacks a strong familial and societal structure, it is easy to raise selfish people. Of course there are plenty of people who are caring and who understand that we are all divine beings and therefor should all be treated as such. Those people are working towards reforms in the society, and are a source of light and love.
Contrast is part of this physical world, and it is through the diversity of people and ideas that our expansion here can occur. There is hatred, but there is also love. There are wounded people who act in an un-aligned way, and there are tools for healing the wounds. We chose to come here and to have an experience, so although we tend to get very involved with playing our human roles, I believe it's healthy to remind ourselves constantly about our greater existence as Spirits, only partially manifested in these bodies and minds. A higher perspective can solve any problem, and comfort any pain. A higher perspective is a key for inner peace.
Many good vibes from me to you,
When I guide my Hypnosis clients to a "safe place" of their choosing, 95% of the time they end up landing in a beautiful landscape. Nature obviosly soothes the Soul. Experiencing the vast and magnificent creation of Source energy reminds us that there is a much greater power at play, and that we can trust in this power. It is so easy to get caught up with "doing" and with feeling like there is some destination we must reach. Being in Nature can help us synchronize our clocks with the rhythm of the earth, and be present. It can help us get out of our thinking minds, focus on experiencing this wonderful physical world we decided to incarnate into, and therefor align with our higher selves.
Last week, we took our 3 year old son on his first ever camping trip. It has been years since my husband and I had camped, and I have been feeling the urge to sleep in nature for about a year now. I remembered how wonderful it felt to spend time in a beautiful remote natural setting, without internet or any other distraction. Our first family camping trip didn't disappoint.
Watching the stars above us, feeling the cool wind as we bundle up, smelling the wood burning in our fire-pit, eating s'mores, waking up to birds chirping- all of our senses were delighted. I then thought about my clients and how they always describe the ocean breeze in their "Safe dimension", or the smell of the flowers in their enchanted garden, or whatever else they are guided by their higher selves to experience under Hypnosis. Then I wondered why many people, some of my clients included, don't spend more time in nature. Most people flock to the beach when the weather permits, or participate in activities "in nature" such as berry picking in the Spring, and Pumpkin picking in the fall. But one suggestion I would make to everyone is to spend at least one night, whenever you get a chance, in a beautiful natural setting.
I believe from my experience as a Hypnotherapist that part of the magical sensation we get when we spend a night camping is the resurfacing of the Soul's memories from life-times in which we used to live in small structures (such as huts) and spend nights sleeping under the stars. There's something so primal about cooking the food on an open fire, and it is so satisfying to arrive to a clearing in the forest, pitch your own tent, create a fire, and cook on it. My son instantly appreciated being in nature, and didn't open once his little backpack with his toy cars, "tools", and books. I believe it is important for this new generation to foster their connection to Nature, considering how big of a role technology plays in their daily lives. All three of us felt grounded, peaceful, and balanced by the time we left the lovely campground. I believe that one of the good things that will come out from this pandemic is that more people will go camping, hiking, and spending time outdoors. So head out there and sooth your Soul!
Many Blessings from me to you,
A few weeks ago a friend of mine posted on her Facebook wall a post that said something like this: "What is something you can say you did, that no one else here can say they did?". The answers were incredible. They made me think about what it means to live an Extraordinary life. I believe our higher selves had a plan for us to come down to earth and have our desired experiences. My plan was to live an Extraordinary life. My bucket list is filled with unique experiences, and so is my past. When reading the answers to the post, I realized I could divide them between experiences that sound amazing to me and which I would maybe add to my bucket list (such as volunteering in a Panda Sanctuary), and experiences that are unique, but definitely not desired in my eyes (such as having triplets). So the question is, do YOU want to live an Extraordinary life, or do you want to live a safe, stable, and predictable life? Do you want to be unique, or do you prefer to be perceived as "normal" and to blend in?
There isn't a right answer or a wrong answer. There is only an authentic answer. You might not want an Extraordinary life, but everyone wants to live their Best Life and be their Best Self. It's important to explore the conscious mind and the subconscious mind and truly grasp which experiences our higher self is desiring for us to experience. Have no doubt- there are no "coincidences", and in a world of attraction (not assertion) we are creating our reality based on our desires and levels of resistance to our desires. Aligning with the higher self is the path for becoming the best version of ourselves. Clearing the subconscious from outside influences is the way to reach our ultimate truth. The soul's desires are often clouded by energetic imprints from past experiences (often past lives experiences) as well as environmental influences.
When making the decisions that shaped your current reality, how much of an effect did your environment have on you? Are you doing what you want to be doing, or what you were told would be the right path for you? Have you pushed aside certain passions because of fear of failure? Are you not manifesting great success because you don't feel you truly deserve it? Did you get "stuck" somewhere along the path because of fear of taking a turn off that path? What options are out there but are beyond the realm of your awareness? And most importantly, once you realize you are not living your best life- then what?!
Then you figure out which tools are at your disposal and what your plan for living your best life is. There are so many tools out there! Just make sure you address your subconscious, as it holds 95% of your beliefs, desires, fears, habits, etc. There are two major steps in achieving your dreams- the first step is figuring out what your dreams actually are. Some people already know what their dreams are, while others need help in achieving clarity. Often you might think you know what you want, but once you achieve what you wanted you then realize you were chasing after the wrong dream. So in this step you need to clear influences from your childhood and your past lives, and you need to heal and integrate the parts of you which are sabotaging your success (inner child, inner critic, etc.). The second step is to retrieve and amplify your talents, strong suits, passions, and positive energy. You need to shift your perspective about what is possible for you and Align with your true nature, which is that of a Spiritual being that creates its own reality. The shift in your perspective will result in a Vibrational shift, which will then result in attracting only that which is a Vibrational match to your new High Vibration. In other words, by healing and re-training your conscious and subconscious minds, you will achieve the clarity you desire and manifest your ideal life! So let the manifesting of Your Dream Life begin!
Many blessings from me to you,
Time-travel is a topic that is close to our hearts, as many of us seem to have a deep intuition of the fact that our souls are immortal and that we have been here before, again and again. Different religions and mythologies discuss reincarnation, and a large number of people have had experiences, either spontaneous or guided, in which they experienced previous lives and have even visited the Spirit Realm. Modern physics provides an explanation about the quantum quality of energy, and the circular nature of the dimension of time, which allows our rational minds to grasp the ability of our consciousness to travel between dimensions.
Understanding reincarnation and the nature of our very own consciousness is not just fascinating, it is highly therapeutic. We are not blank canvases, randomly born on a random day, to a random family. We do not just cease to exist one day, when we "die". We are time-travelers. We are Divine Consciousness taking on different forms, having different experiences in different dimensions, while simultaneously existing in the Spirit Realm, with all our loved ones. We are here to experience life on this plane, to grow, to create our reality, and to enjoy the experience. Once we learn to embrace our true nature, which usually happens through the direct experiencing of it, our perspective on life changes, and we are able to manifest a life that is in alignment with our Higher Self.
The series Outlander has been a huge success. Viewers are mesmerized by the time-travel that takes place in the show, and people seem more ready than ever to connect with their own omnipresent nature. Many movies and shows have touched on this topic throughout the years, some of which were obviously created by people who have had real experiences with past live regressions and have a grasp of other dimensions. There's a lot that can be learned from some of these movies, while others simply are meant to pique your interest in the topic in general.
Here's a ranked list of movies that touch on this fascinating topic:
Enjoy them and remember that if you haven't yet experienced time-travel for yourself, I'm here to guide you on these Journeys!
These are strange times. We are all cooped up at home, dreaming of the day we can once again go out freely, travel locally, travel internationally...or at least that's what I'm dreaming about! There's nothing I love more than traveling, so I had to find my own ways of "traveling". So how can you "travel" while under self quarantine? Here are 5 ways how, from the less obvious to the most obvious ;0)
1) Hypnotherapy! You can Journey to another place, another time, another dimension, without leaving your house. In an on-line Hypnotherapy session you can visit your past lives, go back to a previous time in this life, or Journey to a "vacation" dimension- a beach, a mountain top, a floating cloud...you name it! If you can't sign up for Hypnotherapy right now you can try some guided meditations- either downloading them, taking turns guiding them, or recording yourself so that you can later follow your own guidance ;0)
2) Lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is a form of dreaming while being aware that you are dreaming, and having the control of where you go and what you do in the dream. There is a lot of information out there about ways in which you can train yourself to Lucid dream. It is a wonderful way to explore and heal the subconscious. And it is a lot of fun!
3) Expanding your awareness of your "Dreaming life". Every night our souls soar and we are transported to other dimensions. We often visit incredible places, both physical locations on this very planet, and other locations, in other physical and non-physical dimensions. Many of our dream experiences are "wasted" since we don't truly savor them or even remember them and assimilate them. I still remember a magical dream I had months ago, in which I visited beautiful Islands in the Pacific Ocean. The views were so vivid, the sensations of being on the boat were so real, and I can still taste the wonderful taste of the exotic fruit I was eating. I woke up feeling like I TRULY came back from a vacation in the Pacific Islands. I felt like my awareness was expanded from the experience, I felt elated, I felt rejuvenated. I told my husband and some friends about my travel with the same enthusiasm as when I share my experiences of physical travels. Having an active dream-life is extremely fulfilling and enjoyable! There are many ways to cultivate a more active dream-life. Not having too much stimulus before going to bed helps (no screens, heavy meals, alcohol, etc.). Setting an intention of having wonderful dreams and remembering them. Waking up gently, without jolting the mind with thoughts right away, and thinking about the dreams, and writing them in details in a dream journal.
4) International Cuisines! Food is a huge aspect of culture, and eating foods from different cuisines offers a peek into that corner of the world. I love ethnic restaurants, as they usually offer the full cultural experience- the food, the decor, the people (and language), the music, the smells. Since we can't go out and eat at our favorite restaurants at the moment, I have been enjoying cooking foods from different cuisines, learning new recipes, and experiencing a little traveling through my pallet. Many recipes require ingredients you probably already have, and whatever "exotic" ingredients you might need could probably be found at your next grocery run (or in "normal" times, on-line). I live in New Jersey so I have no problem finding ingredients from all over the world. Another reason why I love New Jersey!
5) Books and movies! Reading a book is like going on a Journey of the imagination. Books are a great passion of mine, and now that I'm not traveling, I find myself gravitating towards books that take place in foreign countries. I can be laying down in my recliner, but in my mind I am in China. Yes, China is a strange choice at the moment, considering it was the source of this Pandemic, but I am finally getting around to reading "The Joy Luck Club" which has been in my library for years, and I'm enjoying it greatly ;0) Movies are also portals to another world, and with today's technology you can watch amazing quality movies on large screens, feeling like you are physically inside the movie. Also, with all the travel shows available, you can travel vicariously by watching these shows and planning with excitement your next destination. I have quite a long travel bucket-list myself.
Now of course you can combine some of these modes of "travel". You can incorporate all of your senses in the Journey, for example, by having a "Mexican Fiesta night". You can decorate your living room with Mexican-themed decorations, make enchiladas, guacamole, etc. while listening to Mexican music, then watch a Mexican film on a large screen with surround sound (in Spanish with subtitles- no cheating!), all while pretending you are in your Airbnb in Oaxaca. Or of course, something less complicated works too ;0) Imagination is important! Just like children like playing "make believe", you can also use this time to expand your imagination. We are all pure Consciousness creating this physical reality, so we are already imagining our desires into being! Let's take it a step forward by playfully focusing away from "harsh reality" and towards reality as we want it to be, so that we can experience more Joy irregardless of our circumstances.
Stay safe, and many blessings and good vibes from me to you,
Relationships are hard. There is no denying it. The question is, why are they so hard? You are probably thinking they are hard because people are complex beings, and two complex beings coming together can result in not so harmonious situations. You are right! But there's also so much more to relationships than what we are consciously aware of.
Have you met someone before and felt like you knew them in a past life? If the answer is yes, you most probably did know them in a past life. Even if the answer is no, it's likely that you have met the important people in your life before, as we tend to reincarnate with our soul-family. This concept can sound very romantic, and many people imagine that in a past life they lived a beautiful love story with their current partner. What they might not know is that very often past-life relationships had difficult aspects, and at times were simply destructive and even abusive. We reincarnate with our loved ones again and again, and often we switch roles so that the husband from this life could have been the father in a previous life, the current son could have been the sister, and so on. So not only are humans complex beings, with their subconscious minds compounding their complexities, but the human experience on earth is complex, compounded by lifetimes of changing dynamics between soul-family members.
So how do we successfully navigate our relationships? A good place to start would be to remind ourselves that the Law of Attraction states that "That which is like unto itself, is drawn". This means we are attracting a match to our own vibration, and repelling whoever is not a match. Gaining the self-awareness to correctly evaluate our own vibration can take some time and some work. At a young age it is not always obvious when we are choosing a partner who triggers our unresolved wounds, or who is similar to one of our parents, in a manner which is unflattering. As we get older we might begin to notice relationship tendencies and patterns. Maybe we keep attracting partners who don't prioritize us. Maybe we attract people who are unavailable, emotionally or physically. I had a client who lived in NYC and always fell for guys who were only in NYC temporarily, so the relationships always had an expiration date looming in the background. Sometimes we attract partners who we can re-enact our parents' relationship with. I had a client who attracted a man who treated her like her father treated her mom, therefore casting her in the position of acting like her mom. She felt terrible in that relationship, ended it, but never solved her emotional wounds around her childhood. The next relationship she attracted, springing from that same point of attraction, was again just like her parent's one, only this time she attracted a man who acted like her mom did, triggering her to act like her dad.
The answer, therefore, to having healthy relationships, is to heal our own wounds and to Align to our Higher Selves, so that our point of attraction is a positive one. Healing our wounds can entail healing childhood wounds, healing past-lives wounds, or both. Our point of attraction doesn't only refer to the time when we attract someone new into our lives, but to the interactions we attract on a daily basis with our loved ones. Relationships are exchanges of energy, like a dance between people, and we always choose our own steps, and even choose whether or not we are going to participate in the dance. As our point of attraction shifts, we change our steps, and our partner can follow the new rhythm, or simply walk away. When a relationship ends because one person transformed in a positive way and the other person chose not to follow, there is a natural sense of sadness and even grief, but with time the transformed person moves on and feels like the break-up was inevitable and was for the best. But when a relationship ends because the frustrated partners are blaming each other for triggering painful emotions, and do not use the opportunity of the relationship to gain awareness of their wounds and heal them, that's when there can be lingering feelings of sadness, resentment, confusion, and lack of closure, even after many years.
Our relationships with other people are our final frontier. Our greatest growth opportunities can be found in our dynamics with others. The love we feel in our hearts and our natural longing for connection are great motivators in our quest to overcome our emotional obstacles and bond closely with others. As long as we remember that the key to healthy relationships lies in our own Vibration, we have the power to manifest relationships which are deeply joyful and fulfilling!
Wishing you loving and harmonious connections,
"Ugh, that's the story of my life!" I was eating lunch at an Indian Restaurant with my husband and our son, when I heard the lady sitting in the table next to ours call out that sentence. She was in her 50s, had short white hair, was portly, and her face was red with strong emotion. I didn't hear what she had said prior to that, and since her conversation with her two sons ended with that sentence, I was left to guess what the story of her life was.
At first, I tried to make up the story of her life. I find people's lives to be fascinating, and it's not for nothing that I became a Hypnotherapist who listens to people and guides them through their subconscious every day.
Then I remembered that her "story" wasn't real. Just like my story isn't real, and neither is yours!
We can all choose to consciously separate "what is" from the story about "what is". Your Story is nothing more than the combinations of your interpretations, your beliefs, and your resulting emotions around the experiences of your life. You can remain the objective witnesses and not get triggered by people and situation that reinforce your story.
For example, Fred calls Stella and cancels their dinner. He tells her he is not feeling well, which is the truth.
Stella's emotional wounds are triggered, and her negative self-talk begins. "He doesn't want to see me. He's bored with me, or maybe he's seeing someone else behind my back. Bob cheated on me, and now Fred is cheating on me too. My own father favored my sister over me. I never get the attention I want. I'm a loser. Nobody will ever love me". This is a strong example, but our wounds get triggered in small and in big ways on a regular basis.
We get caught up in our stories. We are always the victim. We are always taken advantage of. We are too nice so we come in last. We have bad luck in relationships. And so on and so forth.
A belief is just a thought that you keep thinking. Beliefs are easy to change, as long as you address them at their source- in the subconscious. Our actions stem from our beliefs, and our behaviors are the accumulation of our actions. Change your beliefs and your life will transform completely!
Choose to not identify with your story. You are not your past. You are eternal (although not in this physical form). You are not your profession/ race/ gender/ socio-economical status, etc. Your Soul is so much more than your earthly characteristics.
So choose to drop the story! And if you must tell yourself and others a story about you, script ourself a wonderful story! Tell it like you want it to be, as your words are powerful and are creating reality. For example, if you are having financial problems, you can say "I am working on attracting more abundance into my life by creating a mindset for success". And mean it! Your subconscious mind knows when you are lying to yourself, and it will jump out and say "yea right!" if you don't believe what you are saying. So make statements you fell no resistance about! Instead of saying to yourself "I have a wonderful relationship" whenever you feel that your relationship is having problems, say instead "I am focusing on the positive aspects of my relationship and am attracting more and more positive manifestations of these aspects".
You are attracting to yourself manifestations of your thoughts, so make sure to have thoughts you want to manifest! Script yourself a positive story. Literally write down the story of your life the way you want it to be. If it feels too different than your current life, pretend it's a year later and you are writing the story of all that has happened in your life in the past year. Make it your best year yet!
You are the creator of your own reality, so make it a wonderful one!
Many blessings from me to you,
I was 8 months pregnant and had just left my job.
It was Christmas 2016.
I remember the thrill of freedom.
I remember the excitement in the air.
Yes, there were also pangs of doubts and fears trying to creep up, but I knew at that point how to ignore them until they went away.
I had a strong vision, and a loose plan.
I wasn't sure what I wanted, but I knew for sure what I didn't want.
I didn't want to work from 9 to 5 for someone else.
I didn't want to drop off my infant in daycare, and pick him up 8 hours later. I know that for many moms that's fine, but I knew without a doubt that it wasn't fine for me.
I didn't want to struggle through my days so that I could enjoy my weekends.
Or struggle through weeks and months, so that I could enjoy little "escapes" here and there.
I wanted to ENJOY EVERY DAY! I wanted to bring MY OWN ideas and inspirations to life! Outrageous, right?! How dare I be so greedy?
I was taught, like most of us were, that life wasn't easy.
That I had to sacrifice and work hard, in order to "earn" crumbs of happiness.
That life wasn't safe, so I needed a steady job, I needed stability and a boss that told me what to do and paid me, so that I would have retirement money in 30 or 40 years.
Great plan! All I needed to do was to suffer 5-6 days a week, let daycare workers or nannies raise my child, and make money for someone else's business.
My inner voice told me this couldn't be true. I didn't come to this life to make sacrifices and suffer. I came to EXPERIENCE...to GROW...and to ENJOY!
I always knew that deep inside, but it took me going through a whole process of Aligning with my Higher Self before I could take that leap and go after my dreams.
And I"m so grateful I took it!
Fast-Forward 3 years.
It's Christmas again.
I"m on a 2 month trip, working on-line while traveling with my family.
We go sight-seeing in the daytime, and I offer Hypnosis sessions in the evening.
Today we saw the Baháʼí Shrine in Haifa, Israel, and took pictures of it in the pouring rain while our son sang "Jingle Bells" over and over again in the car, to my mom.
I wake up inspired, create content from my heart, work on my projects, and then go to the beach.
I am raising my son. He is almost 3, and only a few months ago did he start pre-school two mornings a week, to socialize and have some fun. The rest of the time he is with one of us, with both of us, or if we want some couple-time, with my mom.
I get to help people. Like, actually help people find their ideal vocations, repair their relationships, improve their health, start a family, create abundance, and get rid of their emotional wounds.
I"m not saying this to brag. I"m saying this to let you know that I too didn't know HOW to transform my life, or even WHAT that new life would look like.
Are you hurting? If you are, please believe me when I tell you that next Christmas you could look back at THIS exact moment and realize it was the moment everything changed.
Are you unhappy right now with one or more aspects of your life? If you are that's because your Higher Self is signaling to you that there is SO MUCH more available for you too!
It might be nudging you lightly, or it might be shaking you firmly to get your attention.
Just don't ignore your inner voice, because it won't go away.
Don't wait for it to scream louder and to manifest more situations that will rid you (not always gently) of that which doesn't serve your highest good.
Take the power into your own hands.
You are the creator of your own reality, and you can create Deliberately, or you can create unconsciously. Creating Deliberately is much more fun. Trust me.
This year Christmas falls on the 8 days of Hanukkah, like it often does. Hanukkah, the Jewish Festival of Lights, symbolizes the Rebellion of the Israelites, the rededication of the temple, and the miracle of the small quantity of oil lasting for 8 days. I am extremely Spiritual, but not at all Religious, so although I don't follow religious interpretations and customs, I do often enjoy their symbolisms.
Back in 2016, when I took my big leap towards manifesting my dreams, Hanukkah began on Christmas eve. I remember thinking about my own private rebellion, standing up for myself and going against the safe choice of conforming to society's norms. I also thought about "miracles" and how the extraordinary happens when there is a great desire for a specific outcome, combined with great dedication to the cause.
So Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and many wishes of HAPPINESS to you and to your family!
Abraham Hicks talks about the Emotional Guidance Scale a lot. This scale is a wonderful concept that helps us navigate painful emotions and reach high vibrational ones. I use the emotional scale often with my clients, and find that indeed it is a lot more manageable to climb a step up the scale, than it is to try and jump 5-6 steps at a time. This means that if someone is feeling depressed, that person needs to be guided up the scale and needs to experience the unworthiness, jealousy, anger, concerns, frustrations, etc., before beginning to experience hopefulness, enthusiasm, and joy.
Many of my clients report having gone to conventional therapists in order to deal with anxiety, depression, and other low-vibrational feelings. The therapist most often prescribe medication in order to blur these feelings, instead of organically leading the person up the scale, or giving tools that can be used over and over to spiral upward.
Using my unique Hypnotherapy methods, I guide people through all their feelings, in a way in which the negative emotions are not as powerful, allowing for the upward spiral. Under Hypnosis, the brain creates a grater connection between the Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex (DLPFC), which is responsible for the executive functions (planning, inhibitions, etc.), and the Insula, which is responsible for the somatic functions (processing pain and emotions, etc.). This means that under Hypnosis it is possible to process painful emotions but to feel them less deeply!
Also, under Hypnosis, the default mode network (DMN), largely responsible for a sense of self-awareness and episodic memory, and the executive control network (ECN), which controls cognition, are disconnected, allowing the individual to OBJECTIVELY observe themselves and others without judgment! This is a great tool to overcome shame, blame, guilt, and many more similar emotions.
One suggestion I would make to anybody who is feeling down, is to have compassion for yourself and to give yourself time and space to move through the negative feelings. Anger is a good sign. It means you moved up from despair. But don't stay there! Take one more step up, into frustration/ worry/ negativity. Then slowly move into acceptance, and be ok with accepting that which is not your preference. You will notice how soon enough you will feel some hope, some optimism. Later, some enthusiasm. Eventually- Joy!
Everything you want in your life, you want for one reason only. You believe that by having that thing/person/circumstance, you will feel better. But you can also train your vibration to be higher. You can feel better without the condition. Easier said than done, but there are many methods for feeling better, and the better you feel, the better reality is manifested by your own vibration.
You are the Creator of your reality, and the single most important tool in your possession is your ability to feel good, meaning to be of a high vibration. One example of raising your vibration is focusing on good-feeling thoughts, and not engaging in negative thoughts. Literally saying to yourself (or out loud if alone) "cancel! clear!" and moving away from negative thoughts. This means you give a lot more attention to what is working well in your life, and very little attention to what is not. You do take actions, obviously, but you take inspired actions, not actions originating from negative emotions.
This also means you focus on the positive aspects of yourself and of the people around you. Many of my married clients report that once they focus on the positives of their spouse, that spouse embodies more and more positive qualities when interacting with them. Same goes for your kids! Your relatives! Bosses! Co-workers! The Law of Attraction is Universal, and it states that whatever you focus on, that is what you attract more and more into your experience. So focus wisely!
Blessings and good vibes from me to you,
1) I was born in Israel and spent my childhood between Israel and the USA. I love living in the USA (though I'm anxiously awaiting the end of the Trump era) so I immigrated here when I was 21.
2) I LOVE Ramen. Funny enough, so does my 2.5 year old boy. We go to Japanese restaurants and we both lose it. I dreamed for years about going to Japan and eating Ramen, and when I did I realized it was equally good to the Ramen in New Jersey.
3) Speaking of New Jersey, I LOVE New Jersey. Go ahead, judge me ;0) I think it's one of the most beautiful and diverse states, filled with lovely towns, beautiful country side, parks, amazing food, and great NYC views (and access).
4) My favorite color is Turquoise and my second favorite color is purple in all its shades.
5) When I was a child (and a young adult) I wanted to be a Veterinarian. I still ADORE animals and am OBSESSED with dogs, especially the very large ones. My superpower is to decipher dog breeds, even if it's a mix of 2-3 unusual breeds.
6) Travel is one of my greatest passions. I have travelled (so far) to 39 countries (multiple visits to many of those) and lived in 4 countries and in 5 USA States (my favorite one being New Jersey ;0). I plan to travel A LOT more in the future!
7) The picture in this post is from my 40th birthday. After we had to cancel our travel plans because the little one had the runs, I spent the day at the Spa while my wonderful husband changed diapers every two hours.
8) Halloween is my favorite holiday, though I am a big fan of Christmas.
9) I'm an ATV and Jet Ski enthusiast.
10) I"m married to the former Motocross National champion of Ecuador, and he and our son are obsessed with anything with wheels.
11) My dad was the owner of our's city nationally successful soccer team, and when I was 15 my family and I joined them on their summer training in Romania. I love soccer.
12) I danced Classical Ballet for many years growing up, and I still love watching Ballet.
13) My favorite singer/ song-writer is Alejandro Sanz. If you don't know him, please look him up! He is AMAZING.
14) I cooked professionally for a while (for up to 60 people!) in a Spiritual Retreat. It was lots of fun mixed with some stress! I was told (and am still told) that I'm a very good cook, but my mom is the reigning queen of the kitchen! She's the best.
15) My Sun is in Libra (conjunct Venus and Mercury), My moon is in Scorpio (conjunct Uranus), and My Ascendent is in Gemini. For those of you who know Astrology, this says A LOT about me!
16) I played the Electrical Organ for years growing up, but I don't have much musical talent. Luckily, my son inherited his father's incredible musical ear, and from a young age he could carry a tune, make up lyrics for known songs, and invent new songs.
17) My favorite season is Fall, with Summer being a close second.
18) I"m an avid reader, and in addition to reading books suited for my age, I've been having way too much fun lately reading children's books to my son.
19) I"m one half Moroccan with Spanish roots, one quarter Polish, and one quarter Russian with Siberian Shaman ancestors.
20) My favorite fruit is Durian, aka "stinky fruit". I got hooked on it in Thailand and I now buy it frozen at the Korean Supermarket, to my husband's dismay. I can't wait to go to Ecuador and eat exotic fruit I"ve never heard of before.
21) When I was 10 I sat on a venomous scorpion. I was on a school night-time field trip in the dunes, and we all sat in a circle when I felt something moving underneath me. When I get up there was a panic among the kids (and adults), but luckily I wasn't stung in the butt.
22) Coffee is my beverage of choice. I limit myself to 2 cups a day, and to mostly half-caffs. In my book Coffee is the beverage of the Gods. I research different coffees to find the best on, so if you have an amazing recommendation, please share. So far I am not able to recreate the wonderful drip-coffee with condensed milk I had in Vietnam, but I dream about it at night sometimes.
23) I enjoy greatly foreign movies. To me they are portals to other parts of the world and other ways of life, and for that they fascinate me.
24) I'm great at Math and I love it with a passion. When I had more free time I used to actually fill-out Calculus work-books like other people fill out cross-word books (or used to, before the era of smartphones and tablets.) When I was in school I used to solve Math problems I got stuck on while sleeping, then wake up and write everything down and relish on how my subconscious had the answers. It was an early sign of what was to come!
25) If I were an animal, I would probably be an eagle.
26) I have well over a hundred cousins, if you include second and third cousins. Wait, maybe you and I are related?
27) If I had to pick between living surrounded by forests, lakes, and mountains, or the sea, I would choose the former. In fact, I DID make that choice, and I only regret it briefly on some January days.
28) One of my favorite flowers is Peony. The book "The Language of flowers" spoiled that for me a little, but it was an amazing book non-the-less.
29) I am a level 2 scuba-diver and have dived in a boat-wreck and at night, as part of my certification process. Thrilling experiences!
30) I have a collection of G-Shock watches. Well, a shared collection with my husband, as they are Unisex. Love them.
31) I don't like Broadway shows. At all. I went to a few, including "Wicked" which was highly acclaimed, but I don't like the singing in the middle of the performance. It literally annoys me and I can't help but roll my eyes.
32) My alcoholic beverage of choice is an extra-dirty vodka martini. But since I'm a light-weight I only take a few sips of it and switch over to a light beer. I also like white wine and occasionally have half a glass for dinner and pretend it's good for my heart (it's all in the mind, anyway ;0)
33) My home-town in Israel is right on the Mediterranean Sea and is surrounded by dunes. In fact, my mom's home-office has an incredible front-line view of the dunes. I promise to do some LIVE broadcasts from there next time I go for a visit.
34) I make my own essential oil combinations and bath and body products. As a Biotechnology major who took many Chem classes, I thought for a minute to work for the perfume industry, since I love both chemistry and perfumes. I'm glad I didn't, but I still enjoy creating my own perfumes and buying fancy home-made bath and body products.
35) I"m a Roller-Coaster and Water-Slide fanatic.
36) My nick-name is Sharonika (Sha-ro-ni-ka), with a Russian affection suffix. Really only my mom's side of the family (the Russian side, obviously) calls me that, but I always liked it. Everyone in the US mispronounces my name to sound like the American name Sharon (She-rin), as opposed to the Israeli one (Sha-ron).
37) As a foodie, I recently decided I needed to step out of my comfort zone more. So a few weeks ago I tried the Ecuadorian National dish, Cuy, a relative of the Guinea Pig. It is an ancient food that goes back to the Inkas, and my husband's family (and probably most Ecuadorians) are obsessed with it. When relatives come from Ecuador they bring these cooked Guinea Pigs with them to share with loved ones. Tastes like chicken, but a little saltier with a note of herbs (they are only fed pure grass).
38) I love Ice cream flavors that are interesting, like Cappuccino with white chocolate fudge chunks or Strawberry Cheesecake. I'm definitely not a Vanilla person.
39) Confession- I loved the Gilmore Girls, and still watch that show on Netflix on occasions when I need a pick-me-up.
40) I am very inventive and am currently working on taking an invention of mine to market. Wish me luck! Though either way I have more inventions up my sleeve, and am an idea person in general.
That's 40 fun facts! Now you know me better! Feel free to share a fun fact (or more) about yourself!
Blessings and good vibes from me to you,
Transformational Leader, Hypnotherapist,